Skip to main content
One more thing you should know about me. It is truly important. I grew up in a Boston Housing authority project. You know the kind where you have to be just above the poverty level to get in. we were labeled and dreaded. We were labeled loser's by everyone, but that was not the case. most of the people that lived there were your common variety laborers. You know they worked for the local gas company, the Edison, postal worker's and general laborer's. My brother and myself lived in a world where we were labeled and looked down upon. Not for who we were but but where we lived. It was difficult, and left an indelible mark on my life's journey. However, as time went by I realized, everyone puts their pants on the same way and if you have the nerve and the need to succeed you will. I can't tell you all the grizzly details of the shame when our light would get turned off because we didn't have the money to pay the bill. When on Friday, we were told not to answer the door because Mr. Klien was knocking to collect his weekly life insurance payment which was $2.00 per week. when we got older it became such a problem that once family's found out where we lived, girls would suddenly stop going out with us. Such is the life of the downtrodden, but I never felt that way and you can't let that keep you down. You are what you make of yourself and that's the truth. Peace and out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Coffee Roasting Process and Its Effects On The Products You Drink!

By Joe Leary/Principal/Lead Source Digital Marketer's & KYC Consulting on LinkedIn Today I would like to explain just how much the roasting process effects the coffee we consume on a daily basis. I sincerely hope you find this article enjoyable, interesting and informative. I am going to attempt to explain the 4 major roasting processes and what it does and doesn't do to the world's second most popularly traded commodity. Before I get started, there is something you need to know about coffee. When coffee is roasted it goes through a process, within that process the beans are altered by temperature and generally gas, LNG, electricity and even wood. During this process the beans reach levels within that process that makes the beans, "crack". Depending on how light or dark they are being roasting they "crack either once or twice. This alters the flavor profile tremendously, so please keep that in mind while reading this article. I have included some...

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business#commoditybusiness#freebusinessadvice

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business     I have over 26 years of experience in a commodity based business. As a matter of fact, it wasn't just commodities, it was the number 2 traded commodity on the planet, coffee. Although I will be referring to coffee in this article, this information will translate into any commodity based business. One thing I do want to point out, that perhaps many haven't considered. Almost every business, if not every single business is affected in some way by commodities. Whether it is a meat packer buying boxes(by the way beef is a commodity), or a bakery packaging mini muffins in portion controlled lots. Yes, board to make boxes is a commodity, and many of the packaging materials a manufacturing facility uses is petroleum based. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to point out that understanding commodities and how to manage and minimize your exposure to wild price swings is an extremely important skill. So I'd lik...

Entrepreneurs! OK So You Want To Go For It!! The Big Payday!#entrepreneurs#businessadvice#growingmybusiness#goingforit#bigidea

So You Want To Be a Rock n Roll Star? In my last post, I gave you my reasons for not going for the Big Payday! I mean everything is relative for sure, but I am talking about really going for it. Well this post is for those out there that have "The Big Idea", and want to go for the huge payday that accompanies substantially growing your business. How do you get there? Well it really isn't rocket science to tell you the truth. It just means you have to embrace change, which is easier said than done, especially if you are the founder/sole owner/visionary, like so many entrepreneurs are. Here is how you get to say!! Show me The Money!! Here are some of the steps you must go through to get you to that next level. - Due Diligence So you might be at a plateau, but you know in your heart that this could be or should be a mass market product or service. You must take the business and compartmentalize every aspect. What you're doing. How you're doing i...