Skip to main content

So What Do You Do With Some Disposable Working Capital!!

SPEND IT! Well not really all of it but, you had better spend it on things that wil impact your business in a positive way or you're sunk!! Right?
So I micro-managed this place for now almost a year now, it's 1998 and it is time to sink or swim.
I had taken every punch from the bank, as a matter of fact that got worse, because they sold their bad loans to another bank, who was known for collecting, ruthlessly! you see that's what banjs do, guys. They write off loans on their books for tax purposes as losses and then turnaround and make money by, selling these loans in packages to other banks. It makes sense doesn't it? If you could buy a 6,000,000 dollar loan for $60,000, and then squeeze out $80,000 maybe $100,000 at the end of the day, wouldn't you do it? I would. Ultimate arbitrage right?
So, here I was With $250k that the new bank couldn't touch nd they probably bought my loan for $25,000. You don't think I knew that?
You are so wrong if you didn't. I am and always will be a business man. They weren't going to deter me, and everything, I mean everything is a negotiation!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Coffee Roasting Process and Its Effects On The Products You Drink!

By Joe Leary/Principal/Lead Source Digital Marketer's & KYC Consulting on LinkedIn Today I would like to explain just how much the roasting process effects the coffee we consume on a daily basis. I sincerely hope you find this article enjoyable, interesting and informative. I am going to attempt to explain the 4 major roasting processes and what it does and doesn't do to the world's second most popularly traded commodity. Before I get started, there is something you need to know about coffee. When coffee is roasted it goes through a process, within that process the beans are altered by temperature and generally gas, LNG, electricity and even wood. During this process the beans reach levels within that process that makes the beans, "crack". Depending on how light or dark they are being roasting they "crack either once or twice. This alters the flavor profile tremendously, so please keep that in mind while reading this article. I have included some...

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business#commoditybusiness#freebusinessadvice

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business     I have over 26 years of experience in a commodity based business. As a matter of fact, it wasn't just commodities, it was the number 2 traded commodity on the planet, coffee. Although I will be referring to coffee in this article, this information will translate into any commodity based business. One thing I do want to point out, that perhaps many haven't considered. Almost every business, if not every single business is affected in some way by commodities. Whether it is a meat packer buying boxes(by the way beef is a commodity), or a bakery packaging mini muffins in portion controlled lots. Yes, board to make boxes is a commodity, and many of the packaging materials a manufacturing facility uses is petroleum based. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to point out that understanding commodities and how to manage and minimize your exposure to wild price swings is an extremely important skill. So I'd lik...

Entrepreneurs! OK So You Want To Go For It!! The Big Payday!#entrepreneurs#businessadvice#growingmybusiness#goingforit#bigidea

So You Want To Be a Rock n Roll Star? In my last post, I gave you my reasons for not going for the Big Payday! I mean everything is relative for sure, but I am talking about really going for it. Well this post is for those out there that have "The Big Idea", and want to go for the huge payday that accompanies substantially growing your business. How do you get there? Well it really isn't rocket science to tell you the truth. It just means you have to embrace change, which is easier said than done, especially if you are the founder/sole owner/visionary, like so many entrepreneurs are. Here is how you get to say!! Show me The Money!! Here are some of the steps you must go through to get you to that next level. - Due Diligence So you might be at a plateau, but you know in your heart that this could be or should be a mass market product or service. You must take the business and compartmentalize every aspect. What you're doing. How you're doing i...