Skip to main content
Hello everyone, job seekers, career changers, mid life crisis babies and all the lot of you who are just not in a place you want to be. Well here's the deal. I have never blogged before, and I am not even quite sure what all this business is, but somehow I was drawn to it. I don't know why, maybe a message from above but, surely I was drawn to it.

So here we go with my first official blog. It is about being unemployed in Boston, for the first time in umpteen years. So I start to figure out, hey, I better search the job boards on websites. That has to be the way to find a job in 2013, right? So I frantically start signing up to all these websites. Indeed, Career builder, Monster, Headhunter, The Ladders, My Food recruiter, ihobnob and so on and so on, and so on. Let me tell you they are all a joke. I did what I was supposed to do, create an account, post a recent resume, fill out my profile and blah, blah, blah. Well let me tell you something, their software or their job matches don't work. I was a CEO with 25 years experience in a complicated commodity driven food manufacturing business. You know what I get for job matches? Senior buyer of Apparel, Software Sales Companies, Healthcare jobs and CDL driver openings. Huh? This is ridiculous, and I am afraid that most HR managers or recruiters lack the knowledge and skills to properly place, talented people in the right place. I have applied for 65 jobs with online recruiters, and with my experience I haven't landed one interview. This is supposed to be the age of communication, we are supposed to be evolutionary. Well guess what? We are a bunch of zombies, who if the exact skills don't fit, they don't look. We are enabling a whole generation of lazy HR executives. You know why, because it is the old 80/20 rule. 80% of these people are lazy and not committed to their job, the other 20% I would like to think are, but that remains to be seen. I understand the job market is tough, but at least have some listings that match who I am. It is so frustrating. I tried to contact Headhunter.com tonight. What a great name right? Well on their webpage there is no way of just contacting them through the internet, there is a phone number? Are you kidding me? Every web site has a contact us click through, if you don't, take my advice get one. There will be plenty more coming from this blog so stay tuned. Maybe you will learn something along the way, maybe you won't, but I guarantee you it will be different and entertaining! Peace everyone and give to the Boston Fund 1 if you get a chance, because what happened to American citizen's on Patriot's Day in Boston was lame and wow, did they pick the wrong City to do that in!  People have to be diligent and have to be aware that our country is at risk. Be careful and be strong, be ready for anything. Thank you for reading and come back today, I kind of like this blogging thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Espresso Information!!

Hi everyone, I LOVE a good espresso and it always troubled me about the lack of knowledge some people had about coffee and espresso, especially in the U.S., because that's where I am from, I am not sure this is prevalent throughout the world, but there are some things everyone should know about espresso. First off, it doesn't matter what type of roast or beans you use really. It just matters that the coffee is ground to a certain fineness. This causes the massive amount of pressurized extraction you get from brewing it in an espresso machine!! The massive pressure that an espresso machine provides is the key to good espresso, not the beans or the blend, or the roast shade. In fact, some of the most powerful espresso I have ever tasted is from a roast that most people would describe as light roasted coffee!!  You see the way the espresso interacts with the brain is very different. It calls into attention a brain function called Adnosine which releases adrenaline into yo

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business#commoditybusiness#freebusinessadvice

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business     I have over 26 years of experience in a commodity based business. As a matter of fact, it wasn't just commodities, it was the number 2 traded commodity on the planet, coffee. Although I will be referring to coffee in this article, this information will translate into any commodity based business. One thing I do want to point out, that perhaps many haven't considered. Almost every business, if not every single business is affected in some way by commodities. Whether it is a meat packer buying boxes(by the way beef is a commodity), or a bakery packaging mini muffins in portion controlled lots. Yes, board to make boxes is a commodity, and many of the packaging materials a manufacturing facility uses is petroleum based. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to point out that understanding commodities and how to manage and minimize your exposure to wild price swings is an extremely important skill. So I'd lik

The Art Of Creating A Great Coffee Blend

  THE ART OF CREATING A GREAT COFFEE BLEND!   This is pretty much where the rubber meets the road, in the coffee industry. Coffee blends make up the vast majority of successful products within this industry. Single Origins and Estate Coffees are wonderful, but, coffee blends are generally the mainstay of most consumers purchases. There are several reasons for that. Today I want to explain and explore how you would go about finding the right coffee blend for you and, what goes into the process of roasting and blending coffee and the underlying reasons. I hope you find this enjoyable and entertaining. After all it really is the "Art" side of the coffee industry. It is also the down and dirty business side of the industry. Let's take a closer look at what goes into this process. Most of you know that coffee is an agricultural product. With any product that is cultivated and grown, there are natural cycles that occur. Coffee is no different. Coffee