Skip to main content

One Man's Journey, and the Jaded Business The World has Become

You know, I have been thinking carefully about what business in the U.S. has become. I am rather a historian, and I am centered on brands! I guess brand recognition is simply what brought us into the 20th and 21st century! But I sometimes worry about this. I say that brands may not matter as much as they used to, in fact there is unequivocal data that says, NO they don't. I think this is complete crap and a lack of the country we live in to be vigilant and loyal and all those things our ancestors and still recently passed generations held so close to their vest! I simply think, that is what made America great over the last oh say, 175 years. Now we are not Europe and we are certainly not China or well versed in the eastern culture. So forget about that!! I think we have lost our way. I have a train of thought and a thesis, bear with me.
American brands, are blankets, they are fluff in your hair, they are the southern seabreeze that rattles your screens at night! Nothing is made here anymore! Furthermore, these asshole MBA shitheads with they're own thesis are making it worse!!! Screw outsourcing!1 Bring outsourcing to Arkansas and Iowa or Massachusetts or New York!!! We can do this if someone just takes the time to really look at it.
We are standing in front of a treasure trove of a vital essential, resource and that is people!! We have plenty of people to do the job in America!! We have more than enough!! Why aren't we targeting these resources and doing it then? Well I don't know, maybe the government is at fault!! NO THEY'RE not it is a government that was supossedly to be ruled by the people!!! WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED HERE? Could somebody tell me?
You know this goes down to the very root of America, the small business man. I have seen, by my own eyes, how a guy can develop a business, a successful business from a regional, well known brand. Oh I don't know, let's just pick.............. coffee for instance. I have first hand knowledge of a person who partnered with my company, and he built his business on selling our brand! It was a multi-million dollar company, it was a win, win!! So that guy who is honest and more importantly loyal, because he has made his living off of our brand and we promised not to compete in his business, in fact helped him in anyway we could, decided to sell his business to his number 1 guy!! His adopted son, whatever. So, the adopted son decides he can do better elsewhere and drops us as his supplier like a bad habit!! That is everything that is wrong with this country. If you don't believe that you aren't or haven't been in the trenches for the past decade. Remember, a person who started his business, because of our regional popularity, succeeds and then we get dropped like a bad habit, once he is gone!!! RIDICULOUS, and as simple as it sounds, that is what is wrong with the U.S. economy right now. Thanks for reading, as always, Joe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Espresso Information!!

Hi everyone, I LOVE a good espresso and it always troubled me about the lack of knowledge some people had about coffee and espresso, especially in the U.S., because that's where I am from, I am not sure this is prevalent throughout the world, but there are some things everyone should know about espresso. First off, it doesn't matter what type of roast or beans you use really. It just matters that the coffee is ground to a certain fineness. This causes the massive amount of pressurized extraction you get from brewing it in an espresso machine!! The massive pressure that an espresso machine provides is the key to good espresso, not the beans or the blend, or the roast shade. In fact, some of the most powerful espresso I have ever tasted is from a roast that most people would describe as light roasted coffee!!  You see the way the espresso interacts with the brain is very different. It calls into attention a brain function called Adnosine which releases adrenaline into yo

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business#commoditybusiness#freebusinessadvice

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business     I have over 26 years of experience in a commodity based business. As a matter of fact, it wasn't just commodities, it was the number 2 traded commodity on the planet, coffee. Although I will be referring to coffee in this article, this information will translate into any commodity based business. One thing I do want to point out, that perhaps many haven't considered. Almost every business, if not every single business is affected in some way by commodities. Whether it is a meat packer buying boxes(by the way beef is a commodity), or a bakery packaging mini muffins in portion controlled lots. Yes, board to make boxes is a commodity, and many of the packaging materials a manufacturing facility uses is petroleum based. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to point out that understanding commodities and how to manage and minimize your exposure to wild price swings is an extremely important skill. So I'd lik

The Art Of Creating A Great Coffee Blend

  THE ART OF CREATING A GREAT COFFEE BLEND!   This is pretty much where the rubber meets the road, in the coffee industry. Coffee blends make up the vast majority of successful products within this industry. Single Origins and Estate Coffees are wonderful, but, coffee blends are generally the mainstay of most consumers purchases. There are several reasons for that. Today I want to explain and explore how you would go about finding the right coffee blend for you and, what goes into the process of roasting and blending coffee and the underlying reasons. I hope you find this enjoyable and entertaining. After all it really is the "Art" side of the coffee industry. It is also the down and dirty business side of the industry. Let's take a closer look at what goes into this process. Most of you know that coffee is an agricultural product. With any product that is cultivated and grown, there are natural cycles that occur. Coffee is no different. Coffee