Skip to main content
So who was it that says everyone is now a coffee expert? Can somebody please fill me in on this crap?
I have spent over half my life in the coffee industry and it seems everyone has a new light on coffee!!! Get a grip people!! ORGANIC??? Do you really want to go there!!! Just an FYI guys, 99% of the coffee in the world is grown by third world countries who can barely pay the people to pick the cherries. Let me ask you this? Do you really think they can afford chemicals and whatever else it takes to do anything? Let me also ask the public this? Has anyone come up with a SUPER coffee tree that can double the output of the original? Well the answer is a resounding NO!!!! And you know why? There is no technology!! You know why? Because the MEGA roasters in the COUNTRY I call home don't care. They let these farmers and their workers live in virtual poverty and for what? Don't even get me started on the the fair trade crap!!! That is a complete joke. Anyway, you would think that instead of   these multi-national companies exploiting the source they would eventually embrace the source but that STILL hasn't happened yet! OK there are a few nice stories but really come on people! So, I have come up with a bit of an epiphany, as they say tonight. Someone who was a supposed friend of my family died tonight. Yep that's the the truth, only he really wasn't he stole from me and my family. Stole thousands of dollars actually and we all know it. I just told my son who worked for me in the business for a bunch of years, and his answer was, "Karma is a bitch isn't it dad"? You know what it is!!! And thank god it is! So here it is June 18, and I am going to start a coffee company called "GOOD KARMA COFFEE", and I assure you I will not pay commodity price for coffee and I will not pay minimum wage for great coffee! I will not deal in "Fair Trade", I will not deal with "Organically Grown" because it is really all B.S. What I will tell you is I will not buy coffee from someone I never met, I will not buy coffee just to GET ahead, I will not buy coffee as a commodity, because it isn't a commodity!!!! It is a NATURAL gift that we should appreciate, and that is all. So, from now on, anything I try to sell I have either met the grower and know them or I have a personal relationship with them and give them a fair price so they and their families can benefit from the crop that they worry and pray will bring them the money to make a living!! Simple right? We will see. But I would say that is a mission statement as opposed to fire roasted, fair trade, organically grown blah blah blah!!!! All I need to know is will people buy it? I am not in it anymore for the money, It is completely based on what you like, but it will be pure and it will be beneficial to everybody involved! If that ain't a mission statement I don't know what is. I have to get to work because, this will happen! Peace and out! I'll get back to 1995 some other time. Sometimes you just have to live in the present and forget the past. I don't forget anything but like the blog says..... I'll comment on just about......... you know the drill by now!!! Keep reading I'll keep printing simple as that. Thank you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Espresso Information!!

Hi everyone, I LOVE a good espresso and it always troubled me about the lack of knowledge some people had about coffee and espresso, especially in the U.S., because that's where I am from, I am not sure this is prevalent throughout the world, but there are some things everyone should know about espresso. First off, it doesn't matter what type of roast or beans you use really. It just matters that the coffee is ground to a certain fineness. This causes the massive amount of pressurized extraction you get from brewing it in an espresso machine!! The massive pressure that an espresso machine provides is the key to good espresso, not the beans or the blend, or the roast shade. In fact, some of the most powerful espresso I have ever tasted is from a roast that most people would describe as light roasted coffee!!  You see the way the espresso interacts with the brain is very different. It calls into attention a brain function called Adnosine which releases adrenaline into yo

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business#commoditybusiness#freebusinessadvice

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business     I have over 26 years of experience in a commodity based business. As a matter of fact, it wasn't just commodities, it was the number 2 traded commodity on the planet, coffee. Although I will be referring to coffee in this article, this information will translate into any commodity based business. One thing I do want to point out, that perhaps many haven't considered. Almost every business, if not every single business is affected in some way by commodities. Whether it is a meat packer buying boxes(by the way beef is a commodity), or a bakery packaging mini muffins in portion controlled lots. Yes, board to make boxes is a commodity, and many of the packaging materials a manufacturing facility uses is petroleum based. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to point out that understanding commodities and how to manage and minimize your exposure to wild price swings is an extremely important skill. So I'd lik

The Art Of Creating A Great Coffee Blend

  THE ART OF CREATING A GREAT COFFEE BLEND!   This is pretty much where the rubber meets the road, in the coffee industry. Coffee blends make up the vast majority of successful products within this industry. Single Origins and Estate Coffees are wonderful, but, coffee blends are generally the mainstay of most consumers purchases. There are several reasons for that. Today I want to explain and explore how you would go about finding the right coffee blend for you and, what goes into the process of roasting and blending coffee and the underlying reasons. I hope you find this enjoyable and entertaining. After all it really is the "Art" side of the coffee industry. It is also the down and dirty business side of the industry. Let's take a closer look at what goes into this process. Most of you know that coffee is an agricultural product. With any product that is cultivated and grown, there are natural cycles that occur. Coffee is no different. Coffee