Skip to main content

Give It Some Time, You'll Grow Into It!!!

Oh some freakin, somebody told me the once, where he was coming from I don't know, but it wasn't in my galaxy! You either hit the ground running, and I mean literally. or someone was going to catch you and then you're done. You see I had little or no capital, A bank that if I made one wrong move would shut me down, an owner who if I missed a payment to could take it all back over and creditor's, who even though I wasn't specifically responsible for, I inherited that too. Wow, I often wondered about these rich people who really inherited anything worthwhile, like a trust fund or millions of dollars set aside from a family trust. I was a million miles away from that, so where was I? I was the same place I was when I was 12 years old only now the consequences were real. I mean when I was 12 we lived in a project, if my parents got kicked out, or the lights got shut off, well, that wasn't my problem to fix right? Or was it ? Maybe it was, maybe we should all take responsibility for everything that happens in our lives, whether it is direct or peripheral. Hmmmm. Wouldn't that make a better world. But anyway......
So I knew how to do this, this, guerilla warfare this ultimate survival mode and there was no time to waste. I immediately started to cut anywhere I could, people, inventory, box prices, IT contracts, insurance etc.. Here we go, so much for the learning curve. I never missed an interest payment in 38 months! $47,000 thank you captain, now be on your way. But it really started to get to me, because there was no letting up, after all if the bank didn't have me their $47,000 a month, which by the way translated into almost $1.8 million dollars would have never happened. Did you think I got a pat on the back for that? Come on!!! Also, I was able to chip away at the outstanding debt, keep the company going and make a decent living at the same time. Not bad from someone who didn't have an MBA from Somewhere. All I have to say is YOU try it, it is virtually impossible. Trust me. But you always get the doubter's and the jealous people saying, oh he was lucky, he didn't work for it, everything was handed to him, right place right time!!! Really??? I wish anyone during that period could just walk in my shoes for a week never mind almost 4 years!!! I wish.......... The odds are pretty good, you wouldn't have lasted. Why? Because I was a Spartan, I was a survivor, I was the perfect person in the perfect spot, at the perfect time. If anyone has anything to say or ask about this time I will get into further detail. I am not blowing my own horn trust me, it was just where I was supposed to be, let's put it that way. Has anyone else experiences that feeling? I would really like to know, because there were probably 10,000 scenarios I could have dealt with a lot less successfully is what I mean, it was very specific, I believe. That's all. The bank was still bearing down as only bank's can do. By the way I hope you have gotten the feeling, that I HATE BANK's!!! They are the problem and when someone realizes that, the economy will come back!!! But that is too simplified, I'll get into the meat later. But really? If someone took the banking system by the balls in this country and made it right? America would be expanding faster than any economy the world has ever seen!!! Are you listening Warren Buffet??? Are you listening Bill Gates??? You don't have to listen Sheldon Addelson, you already know!! Thank you Goldman and Sachs....
Anyway, that is all I have to say tonight or today.

Please read the statement below:
I am going to jump ahead a little bit because, well, I don't know if I will be still writing this blog in 2014. You just don't know but I hope so, that is the goal anyway. But if I don't for some unforeseen reason. I want to skip ahead to 2007 on this very day. My daughter, who was working with me at the time was pregnant. Things were good, actually they were better than good! I am tipping my hat but by no means is it the end of this story but.......
Anyway, my daughter had a beautiful little boy on June 7, 2007. She named him Brady William Leary, what a great name! It was a wonderful time for myself and my family. That little boy, changed SO many things in our lives.Well, on 7-28-2007, we found him dead in his crib at 7 am on a Saturday morning. It was SIDS, a hideous and very painful loss at best. My beautiful grandson would have been 6 years old today, but he was taken from us. The details are too haunting to explain. Only that my wife and I both tried to revive him and were unsuccessful, as was the 911 responder's from Scituate Fire and Rescue #1 and ultimately South Shore Hospital. It was a devastating loss to my daughter as well as my whole family! I started a 501C3 charitable organization for Brady in late September of that year, and have since donated ten of thousands of dollars towards SIDS research and awareness. If you would like to donate to this cause I urge you to do so. Contact me @ jleary60@hotmail.com and i will gladly instruct you to send whatever donation to a bank in Hingham, Ma that has an active account in his name! I hope we can find the answer to this devastating disease, and if you find it in your heart to donate it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Joe Leary. Brady you will never be forgotten I miss you every day!!! Love Papa!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Espresso Information!!

Hi everyone, I LOVE a good espresso and it always troubled me about the lack of knowledge some people had about coffee and espresso, especially in the U.S., because that's where I am from, I am not sure this is prevalent throughout the world, but there are some things everyone should know about espresso. First off, it doesn't matter what type of roast or beans you use really. It just matters that the coffee is ground to a certain fineness. This causes the massive amount of pressurized extraction you get from brewing it in an espresso machine!! The massive pressure that an espresso machine provides is the key to good espresso, not the beans or the blend, or the roast shade. In fact, some of the most powerful espresso I have ever tasted is from a roast that most people would describe as light roasted coffee!!  You see the way the espresso interacts with the brain is very different. It calls into attention a brain function called Adnosine which releases adrenaline into yo

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business#commoditybusiness#freebusinessadvice

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business     I have over 26 years of experience in a commodity based business. As a matter of fact, it wasn't just commodities, it was the number 2 traded commodity on the planet, coffee. Although I will be referring to coffee in this article, this information will translate into any commodity based business. One thing I do want to point out, that perhaps many haven't considered. Almost every business, if not every single business is affected in some way by commodities. Whether it is a meat packer buying boxes(by the way beef is a commodity), or a bakery packaging mini muffins in portion controlled lots. Yes, board to make boxes is a commodity, and many of the packaging materials a manufacturing facility uses is petroleum based. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to point out that understanding commodities and how to manage and minimize your exposure to wild price swings is an extremely important skill. So I'd lik

The Art Of Creating A Great Coffee Blend

  THE ART OF CREATING A GREAT COFFEE BLEND!   This is pretty much where the rubber meets the road, in the coffee industry. Coffee blends make up the vast majority of successful products within this industry. Single Origins and Estate Coffees are wonderful, but, coffee blends are generally the mainstay of most consumers purchases. There are several reasons for that. Today I want to explain and explore how you would go about finding the right coffee blend for you and, what goes into the process of roasting and blending coffee and the underlying reasons. I hope you find this enjoyable and entertaining. After all it really is the "Art" side of the coffee industry. It is also the down and dirty business side of the industry. Let's take a closer look at what goes into this process. Most of you know that coffee is an agricultural product. With any product that is cultivated and grown, there are natural cycles that occur. Coffee is no different. Coffee