Sorry I have not posted in a while but I had to do some thinking in order to gather my thoughts on this blog. I have also been batting around the idea of changing this blog title, and I will let you know if I do because I believe it is not conducive to the theme. It was a rash decision to name it per se, and I may be changing it shortly, but for now status quo.
I would like to welcome some new follower's and urge you to comment on anything you feel is appropriate. Thank you for signing in and hopefully you will enjoy this in the upcoming posts!!
So here we go!!
Ten Things You Need to Ask Yourself As a Business Owner!!
1. Outside insight is always a healthy thing as long as it is relevant and laser targeted. Do you agree or disagree?
2. Do you have an advisory board presently?
3. Do you have outside support and advice that doesn't benefit or not benefit from their suggestions or insights?
4. How valuable would that be on a scale of 1-10?
5. What do you see as your major challenge as a business over the next three years?
6. What do you believe positions yourself to give your company a competitive edge over other businesses in your niche?
7. Do you have a 1, 3 and 5 year plan in place, and in writing, for all of your employees to see?
7a. Do you update the progress or the pitfalls, and do you make adjustments when necessary?
8. How important would you say branding is to your business?
9. What do you do better than anyone else in your business segment, and do you emphasize and prove it?
10. How much value do you put on employees that may be "good soldiers" as opposed to employees who don't always agree with the company's strategies but are self-motivated?
Give it a thought............ If you own or are thinking of starting a business you better start thinking along these lines. This is just a small fraction of the advice I will give. So thanks again to everyone and hopefully you will share this rather new tenor with other people!! Joe