Skip to main content

What Happened next?

I very much apologize for the spelling errors in the last post what can I say, it was stream of consciousness and laziness. I hate when people who don't spell things it drives me crazy!
So what did I do with the money? Well luckily, I am also a musician and creatively inclined. So what I started to do was create a brand and a look that wasn't foodservice it was multi-channel. Meaning if I presented this to anyone it was going to work based on the design. I was lucky enough to come up with a design and a look that would work in both segments, foodservice and retail. But then there was one big, I shouldn't say big, huge opportunity that I was presented to during this time. I wasn't even focused on it, but I knew instantly it would transform our company.
We had a connection to Trader Joe's. Yeah That Trader Joe's and I was told the buyer lived 2 towns over from me and was looking for a new opportunity! As you can imagine, I have heard the stories about Trader Joe's and I was enthralled!
If you want to be  business owner, you must identify opportunities and you must be able to prioritize those opportunities, sometimes I think I am telling people too much. Because I want them to learn but I also want them to hire me because of my experience and knowledge. It is a slippery slope. All the products I promote on this site are approved by me. That's great that once in a while someone takes the offer from Illy and I get paid. But my real expertise is in helping business, and fixing business models and finally just making people's dreams come true. Of course it is always their vision, but it is always good to have another set of eyes that will not benefit from the long term success of someone's business. But it is very rewarding to fix it and then watch it thrive because I helped them!
But that is the main thrust of this blog! I want to help your businesssucceed, and I know with my experience I can help, existing businesses grow, new business secure the funding, help people refine their business model!!
You know how satisfying that is? Well if you have never done it before and you have the fortitude to hang in there, you will affect and change people's lives on a daily or at least weekly basis! How cool is that?
You have no idea. But You Should!!
All the best,

Joe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Espresso Information!!

Hi everyone, I LOVE a good espresso and it always troubled me about the lack of knowledge some people had about coffee and espresso, especially in the U.S., because that's where I am from, I am not sure this is prevalent throughout the world, but there are some things everyone should know about espresso. First off, it doesn't matter what type of roast or beans you use really. It just matters that the coffee is ground to a certain fineness. This causes the massive amount of pressurized extraction you get from brewing it in an espresso machine!! The massive pressure that an espresso machine provides is the key to good espresso, not the beans or the blend, or the roast shade. In fact, some of the most powerful espresso I have ever tasted is from a roast that most people would describe as light roasted coffee!!  You see the way the espresso interacts with the brain is very different. It calls into attention a brain function called Adnosine which releases adrenaline into yo

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business#commoditybusiness#freebusinessadvice

How To Successfully Run A Commodity Based Business     I have over 26 years of experience in a commodity based business. As a matter of fact, it wasn't just commodities, it was the number 2 traded commodity on the planet, coffee. Although I will be referring to coffee in this article, this information will translate into any commodity based business. One thing I do want to point out, that perhaps many haven't considered. Almost every business, if not every single business is affected in some way by commodities. Whether it is a meat packer buying boxes(by the way beef is a commodity), or a bakery packaging mini muffins in portion controlled lots. Yes, board to make boxes is a commodity, and many of the packaging materials a manufacturing facility uses is petroleum based. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to point out that understanding commodities and how to manage and minimize your exposure to wild price swings is an extremely important skill. So I'd lik

The Art Of Creating A Great Coffee Blend

  THE ART OF CREATING A GREAT COFFEE BLEND!   This is pretty much where the rubber meets the road, in the coffee industry. Coffee blends make up the vast majority of successful products within this industry. Single Origins and Estate Coffees are wonderful, but, coffee blends are generally the mainstay of most consumers purchases. There are several reasons for that. Today I want to explain and explore how you would go about finding the right coffee blend for you and, what goes into the process of roasting and blending coffee and the underlying reasons. I hope you find this enjoyable and entertaining. After all it really is the "Art" side of the coffee industry. It is also the down and dirty business side of the industry. Let's take a closer look at what goes into this process. Most of you know that coffee is an agricultural product. With any product that is cultivated and grown, there are natural cycles that occur. Coffee is no different. Coffee