Skip to main content

What Happened next?

I very much apologize for the spelling errors in the last post what can I say, it was stream of consciousness and laziness. I hate when people who don't spell things it drives me crazy!
So what did I do with the money? Well luckily, I am also a musician and creatively inclined. So what I started to do was create a brand and a look that wasn't foodservice it was multi-channel. Meaning if I presented this to anyone it was going to work based on the design. I was lucky enough to come up with a design and a look that would work in both segments, foodservice and retail. But then there was one big, I shouldn't say big, huge opportunity that I was presented to during this time. I wasn't even focused on it, but I knew instantly it would transform our company.
We had a connection to Trader Joe's. Yeah That Trader Joe's and I was told the buyer lived 2 towns over from me and was looking for a new opportunity! As you can imagine, I have heard the stories about Trader Joe's and I was enthralled!
If you want to be  business owner, you must identify opportunities and you must be able to prioritize those opportunities, sometimes I think I am telling people too much. Because I want them to learn but I also want them to hire me because of my experience and knowledge. It is a slippery slope. All the products I promote on this site are approved by me. That's great that once in a while someone takes the offer from Illy and I get paid. But my real expertise is in helping business, and fixing business models and finally just making people's dreams come true. Of course it is always their vision, but it is always good to have another set of eyes that will not benefit from the long term success of someone's business. But it is very rewarding to fix it and then watch it thrive because I helped them!
But that is the main thrust of this blog! I want to help your businesssucceed, and I know with my experience I can help, existing businesses grow, new business secure the funding, help people refine their business model!!
You know how satisfying that is? Well if you have never done it before and you have the fortitude to hang in there, you will affect and change people's lives on a daily or at least weekly basis! How cool is that?
You have no idea. But You Should!!
All the best,

Joe

Popular posts from this blog

How To Roast Your Own Coffee At Home!

How To Roast Your Own Coffee At Home!How to roast your own coffee at home! This is a question I have been asked by many people, especially lately. I haven't been actively updating the blog lately because this is one area of my return to the coffee business that I have really been working on.
First of all, coming from a commercial coffee roasting plant, with over 25 years of experience, this question was one I really had to think about. I was thinking, is it even possible to roast a quality cup of coffee at home and secondly, is it worth your time, effort and expense?
Well the answer is a resounding, ABSOLUTELY! Now, with Black Friday right around the corner, I thought this would be a fantastic time to talk a little about the process, the equipment required and some of the nuances you must eventually master to experience the Freshest cup of coffee you will EVER drink!
Now for me, I was lucky enough to pick whatever coffee or blend from my plant on a daily basis, throw a pound in my 1…

Has The Coffee Roasting Business In The U.S. Taken Its Last J.A.B.?#coffee#coffeebusinessnews

Has The Coffee Roasting Business In The U.S. Taken Its Last J.A.B.?
Unless you have been hiding in an unmarked oil well over the past few months, you already must have realized there has been a significant change in the coffee roasting industry. The $40 billion U.S. market has another bully on the block and watch out Nestle, these gentleman are playing for all the marbles.#entrepreneurship

Coffee beans, which is the second largest traded commodity in the world is apparently a target of one of the richest families in Europe. The Reimann family has not so quietly, been actively targeting U.S roasters and using a “price is not an issue" formula!



The cash is there, and they are clearly not afraid to be buying based on future earnings projections. This isn't a strange occurrence for J.A.B., they purchased D.E. Master Blenders, Douwe Egbert for a cool $10 billion. Many analysts refer to this transaction as, "a pure play coffee company".

Their coffee portfolio no…

The Future of The Coffee Roasting Business In The U.S.#coffeefacts#businessopinions#entrepreneurs

The Future Of The Coffee Business in The U.S.

So where do you think the coffee business is going in the U.S.? As I have written in previous posts, there has been major consolidation within this industry over the past few years. Long overdue by any industry standard.

Let's take a look at the factors, roadblocks, and issues this business has, moving forward in the U.S. marketplace. It is far from unique as many industries are in the same boat. But where is the next big breakthrough? Will there be another Keurig? Well no one has a crystal ball, but there are things happening, and most of them, like the 1 cup k cup machines are not on a lot of people's radar yet. But, for someone like me, who has spent more than half of their lives in this industry, I have to believe that will come along.

Again, that next big thing in my mind is still only half the equation! Consolidation of this industry is still in the really early stages, as far as I'm concerned. But, as I sit here an…